Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year, New Approach

2018 is almost upon us, and in the days leading up to it, I’ve been thinking a lot about this blog and how I want to approach it moving forward.

Ready to roar into 2018!
First, shelf life. I wrote my previous blog for a year, but there were things I could have shared beyond that.

For this blog, I’m also going to go with the year-long timeline for regular posts, buth then write on a monthly or as-occasions-arise schedule beyond that.

Second, I’ve decided to group posts for the first part of next year into monthly themes. Undoubtedly there will be exceptions, but here’s the general idea:

  • January: This is the transition month between old and new (i.e., I’ll be coming back from a Christmas holiday in the States and getting ready for a beach vacation abroad), so anything goes!
  • February: In honor of U.S. Black History Month, February’s posts will focus on German colonialism and modern cultural diversity.
  • March: Märchen (Fairy Tale) Month!
  • April: In honor of Earth Day, April’s posts will focus on green technology, forests and preserves, and the conflict between autos, the Autobahn, and air quality.
  • May: Even though April marks my one-year anniversary in Munich, in May I'll do my wrap-up posts about sights around town, and things I’ve learned both in my time in Munich and in my 2+ years in Germany so far.
I hope the New Year brings you prosperity in whatever area(s) you need most, and that you’re as excited about these upcoming adventures as I am!



No comments:

Post a Comment